- Apples are part of the rose family!
- There are over 7,500 varieties of apples.
- Apples have a long history, dating back to 328 BCE!
- Dwarfed apples were found growing wild in the Tien Shan mountains of eastern Kazakhstan, located in Central Asia, by Alexander the Great.
- Apples are a very versatile food because they can be eaten raw, cooked, and made into beverages; plus they offer many health benefits, and are a good source of fiber and vitamin C.
- Apples are grown in all 50 states and all over the world.